NMEW: Get Help Paying for Medicare
Posted:September 21, 2018
If you have limited income and assets, you may qualify for help with medical costs for care you receive under Medicare.
Here are a few of the programs you can look into if you need financial assistance.
- Medicaid helps pay costs not covered by Original Medicare (Part A and Part B). It may also include some added benefits that Original Medicare doesn’t cover, such as coverage for prescription drugs, eye care or long-term care.
- The Medicare Savings Program helps you pay your Original Medicare premiums, deductibles and co-insurance.
- Programs of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly (PACE) combines medical, social and long-term care services for people over the age of 55 who qualify. This program is not available in all states.
- Extra Help helps qualified beneficiaries pay some or all Medicare Part D premiums, deductibles, co-payments and co-insurance.
- Other programs may be available in your state, such as State Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs.
Whether you are eligible for financial assistance depends on your income. This includes money you get from retirement benefits or other income you report on your taxes. Your assets, like property other than your house, are considered, too.
Income eligibility levels vary by state.
Information from: https://www.medicaremadeclear.com/basics